Summit Contractors Basement Renovation and Finishing in Richmond Hill, ON
Basement Renovation and Finishing
Whether you want a fully finished basement or a partially finished basement, we can do it all and make it function as a fully habitable addition to the house.
We offer end-to-end Basement Renovation and Remodeling Services:
- Basement Planning and Design
- Finishing, Repair
- Basement Bathrooms
- Plumbing Service
- Tiling and Countertops
- Custom Cabinetry
- Flooring and Stairs
- Glass Partitions
- Electrical (pot lights, recessed lights, spot lights, dimmer switches, task lighting)
- Mill Work
- Plaster, Paint
- Foundation Repair
- Crawl Space Encapsulation
- Basement Health and Mold Treatment
What You Should Keep in Mind Before Starting…
A finished basement is an excellent addition to add value to your property.
It creates extra living and recreational space for a growing family. A basement renovation can be a new living room, a guest bedroom, a recreation room, a bathroom, a home office, a home gym, a home theater, a basement bar, a sauna, and more.
A finished basement may, in some cases, be costly to maintain due to deterioration of waterproofing materials or lateral earth movement, etc.
Any structures below ground level will never be as dry as ones above ground, therefore measures must be taken to circulate air and dehumidify the area. Summit Contractors can easily help you achieve that.
What to Expect During Renovations:
1. After an initial consultation, our team will first carry out an inspection for moisture by taping large squares of plastic sheeting to the floor and walls of your basement. We then wait for a couple of weeks to see if condensation forms underneath to understand if your foundation is not sealed or if your basement needs dehumidifying.
2. We also inspect for insect damage, rot and mold in floor joists, wood-framed windows and other susceptible areas, as well as inspect for potential structural weaknesses in floor joists or walls.
3. We then analyze the layout to determine what elements can be placed where and to make sure the basement is properly heated to prevent water supply pipes, drains, etc. from freezing and bursting in winter.
4. After this inspection, our expert team member will sit down with you to discuss what we found and which issues, if any, need to be rectified before we start (eg. vapor barrier installation)
5. Then, in consultation with you, we draw up a detailed plan for the actual layout of the basement, while keeping fire codes in mind ie. most jurisdictions require an emergency egress through either an egress-style windows or a door in the case of walkout basements.
6. We promise that with Summit Contractors trustworthy services, you’ll get a great looking, fully functional basement renovation carried out exactly the way you have envisioned.
With over 13 years in the industry, we have accomplished all types of basement projects.
Contact us for more information for your basement renovation. We offer payment plans.
Add more value to your residential or commercial property with a beautiful basement renovation from Summit Contractors offering services in Richmond Hill, On. Customer satisfaction and superior customer service are our primary objectives.
Serving Richmond Hill, Toronto, Scarborough, North York, Markham, Vaughan, Woodbridge, Maple, Concord, King City, Stouffville, Newmarket, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Keswick, Pickering, and surrounding areas.