Summit Contractors Air Conditioning Systems in Richmond Hill, ON
Summit Contractors offers air conditioning installation, repair and maintenance services across Richmond Hill, Toronto, Scarborough, North York, Markham, Vaughan, Woodbridge, Maple, Concord, King City, Stouffville, Newmarket, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Keswick, Pickering, and surrounding areas.
Some Common Methods of Cooling a Space Are:
- Overhead fan
- Portable or window air conditioners
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- Hybrid air conditioners – Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Ductless Split Systems (popular choice) see our Ductless Split Page
- Central air conditioning systems (popular choice)
Central Air Conditioning Systems
A central air conditioning system works by cooling the air at a central location and then, by fans blowing it through ducts, distributing it to rooms by blowing it out through ducts and registers installed in the walls or floors of each room. Once the air becomes a bit warmer with circulation, it then flows back to the central air conditioner through return ducts and registers, and the cycle starts again.
A central air conditioner is mainly of two types: either 1. a split system unit or 2. a packaged unit.
1. A split system air conditioning system has two cabinets – the outdoor cabinet containing the condenser and compressor, and the indoor cabinet with the evaporator.
2. Central air conditioning systems packaged systems with a combined outdoor condenser/evaporator units are often installed in newer residential and commercial buildings. They are difficult to retrofit, that is, to install in a building that was not designed to receive it because of the bulky air ducts required. (Mini-split ductless systems are used in these situations, see our page on Mini-split ductless)
What You can Expect From Us During Installation:
1. First we will inspect the size of your property as proper sizing and installation are essential. If the unit is too large, it will not adequately remove humidity, and if it is too small, then it will not be able to attain a comfortable temperature on the hottest days. If you install a system that is of the wrong size, even if it is energy efficient, you will find that your utility costs are more than they should be.
2. In consultation with you, we will select a central air-conditioning system which will perform optimally for your cooling needs from the vast array of brands we carry.
3. We select a proper unit location, provide perfect insulation, and install adequate ducts to enhance the unit’s efficiency.
4. The next most important concern is to do the pressure test for any leaks of refrigerant and recharge for optimal functioning.
5. We respect your living area and will attempt to minimize any disruptions by keeping things as clean as possible during installation, as well as get the job done on time, so you can get back to living.
Repairs and Maintenance after Installation
With Summit Contractors’ trustworthy services, you can be assured you’re getting great quality air conditioning and equally great post-sales service for maintenance and repairs. Each and every job we have completed since 2005 is proof of the skilled workmanship, reliability, quality and on-time work we do. Contact us for a free quote for your new air conditioning system!
Please read below if interested in more technical information on the different Air Conditioning Systems we install and service.
Armstrong Air Conditioners
Choosing Armstrong is a good idea for better models, efficiency ratings, features, prices, warranty, and more. A variety of options are available from Armstrong Air like the following:
- A single stage air conditioning systems compressor only works one level of operation— cooling the indoors at full blast to help you enjoy consistent, reliable cooling full of refreshing air. Popular models are 4SCU14LE, 4SCU14LB, 4SCU13LE, and 4SCU13LB
- High for hot summer days (the equivalent of a full blast for single-stage ACs
- Low for milder days when you do not need as much cooling.
- A two-stage air conditioning systems compressor works at two levels of operations high and low to offer the ideal balance between smart energy use and serious comfort. The popular model is the 4SCU16LS
- Variable speed compressors unlike single and two-stage air conditioning systems blow a steady, smooth stream of cold air into to maintain the desired indoor temperature. Most of the conventional air conditioners are either all the way on or all the way off. But the Variable Capacity Inverter Driven Scroll Compressors to adjust cooling output in small increments like a dimmer switch. Popular models are the 4SCU20LX
SINGLE STAGE PERFORMANCE
Enjoy consistent, reliable cooling and a home full of refreshing air.
- Up to 16.0 SEER Efficiency*
- Single-Stage Scroll Compressor
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Heavy-Duty Compressor Blanket
Two Stage Performers
With two different cooling output speeds, these exceptional performers offer the ideal balance between smart energy use and serious comfort.
VARIABLE CAPACITY PERFORMANCE
Unlike conventional air conditioners that are either all the way on or all the way off, the Variable-Capacity Inverter-Driven Scroll Compressor adjusts cooling output in small increments like a dimmer switch.
With Summit Contractors’ trustworthy services, you can be assured you’re getting great quality air conditioning and equally great post-sales services for maintenance and repairs. Contact us for a free quote for your new air conditioning system!