SUMMIT CONTRACTORS INDOOR AIR QUALITY SERVICES IN RICHMOND HILL, ON
Summit Contractors provide air quality cleaning systems that include Media Air Cleaners, Humidifiers, HRV. We offer installation, repair and maintenance services for the systems across Richmond Hill, Toronto, Scarborough, North York, Markham, Vaughan, Woodbridge, Maple, Concord, King City, Stouffville, Newmarket, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Keswick, Pickering, and surrounding areas.
Indoor Air Quality is Affected By:
- Temperature Humidity (percent RH, wet-bulb, dew point)
- Outdoor Air Exchange – how much outside air comes into your home
- Volatile Organic Compounds – formaldehyde, toluene etc
- Carbon Dioxide – the stuff we breathe out
- Carbon Monoxide – can be produced from any fuel-burning appliance ie gas stoves, gas dryers, gas water heaters, gas furnaces (non-electric), fireplaces and automobiles from garages attached to the home-Airborne Particles: dust, pollen etc.
Systems to help achieve best air quality include:
- Air Filters
- Media Air Cleaners
- HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilators)
- HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning) which have proper moisture management and humidity control.
house plants (they generate oxygen)
How can you identify which equipment will help you clean the air in your property? This is where Summit Contractors can help you. We have the right quality products and installation services for your individual air cleaning needs.
Contact us to chat about your air quality options.
Or read below if you would like some technical info about the air quality solutions we offer.
Media Air Cleaners
A particulate air filter is a device composed of fibrous materials which remove solid particulates such as dust, pollen, mold, and bacteria from the air. Media Air cleaner has filters containing charcoal (carbon) which acts as the absorbent/catalyst substance. This helps to remove odors and gaseous pollutants such as volatile organic compounds or ozone.
There are several different filters used, with the four most common described in more detail below.
- HEPA Filters HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters are the most popular ones as they can eliminate 99.97% of contaminants in the air that are the size of 0.3 microns in size.
- Carbon Air Filters Carbon air filters as the name suggests makes use of activated carbon to neutralize and/or absorb elements such as chemicals and gases. They are ideal for removing cigarette smoke and are suited to industries where chemicals are a concern.
- Ionic Air Filters Ionic air filters produce negatively charged ions as a means to attract particles that are present in the air. The use of such fibers or elements with a static electric charge is used to attract dust particles.
- UV Light Air Filters The UV light air filter uses the process of titanium dioxide being exposed to UV light to neutralize harmful particles such as mold and bacteria and is commonly used in medical facilities.
- Popular Media Air Cleaners
- Aprilaire Model 5000 Air Purifier
- Aprilaire 4200 / 4400: Whole-House Media Air Cleaner with One Touch Control
A humidifier is a device that increases humidity (moisture) in a single room or an entire building. In the home, point-of-use humidifiers are commonly used to humidify a single room, while whole-house or furnace humidifiers, which connect to a home’s HVAC system, provide humidity to the entire house. Humidifiers are also used in commercial buildings as part of a larger HVAC system.
There are several different humidifiers used, with the four most common described in more detail below.
- Warm Mist Humidifiers
Warm mist humidifiers produce a warm, soothing mist that you can see and feel. They are useful for treating cold and flu.
- Cool Mist Humidifiers
Cool mist humidifiers use a filter to trap minerals and impurities. After that, a cool invisible mist evaporates into the air. Larger areas and warmer climates benefit the most from the use of cold mist humidifiers.
- Whole House Humidifiers
Whole house humidifiers will cover a large area without the expense of adding it to your HVAC system./li>
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers
Ultrasonic humidifiers use a metal diaphragm. This vibrates at an ultrasonic frequency to create water droplets that are then put in the air via a fan to create a cool fog.
- Aprilaire Model 800 Humidifier
- Aprilaire Model 700 Humidifier
- Aprilaire 600A Whole-House Humidifier
- Aprilaire 400A Whole-House Humidifier
Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV)
Heat recovery ventilation (HRV) is an energy recovery ventilation system. It is also known as mechanical ventilation heat recovery (MVHR). It employs a cross-flow or counter-flow heat exchanger (countercurrent heat exchange) between the inbound and outbound air flow. To do this, it uses the equipment known as a heat recovery ventilator, heat exchanger, air exchanger, or air to air heat exchanger.
Popular Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV)
- Aprilaire Model 8100 Energy Recovery Ventilation System
- Aprilaire Model 8126 ventilation control system
With so many different options available with us, you will get the best indoor air quality products. Each and every job we have completed since 2005 is proof of the skilled workmanship, reliability, quality and on time work we do.
Customer satisfaction and superior customer service are our primary objectives.
With Summit Contractors’ trustworthy services, you can be assured you’re getting superior Air Quality Cleaning Systems and equally great post-sales services for maintenance and repairs. Contact Us for a free quote!