SUMMIT CONTRACTORS AIR CONDITIONING – DUCTLESS SPLIT COOLING SYSTEMS in Richmond Hill, ON
Cooling-Ductless Split Systems
How It Works
Cooling involves the removal of heat and moisture from a room to make the space more comfortable.
There are many appliances available in the market for cooling – coolers, window/portable/hybrid air conditioners, HVAC systems (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), central air conditioning systems and Ductless Split Systems.
Most air conditioning systems work on the same principle – through a vent they draw in outside air into the indoor heat exchanger unit, and expel cool air within the building.
How Ductless Split Systems are Different
- In a regular whole-house air conditioning system, ducts draw your home’s air from each room to the central unit, where it is cooled and then returned to each room through ducts as cold air.
- Ductless, mini-split systems do not use ducts. Instead, they consist of an outside compressor and one to four indoor units. Indoor units can be installed into one or more rooms in the house, depending on your needs. Each of these air-handling indoor units is connected to the compressor outside the building by conduits (pipes) with refrigerant inside them.
- The unit inside each room blows warm air from the room over cold evaporator coils inside the unit, which have refrigerant running through them. The refrigerant absorbs the heat from the air and, through the pipes, carries it to the outside compressor condenser unit, where the heat gets dispersed into the outside air.
Advantages of Ductless Split Systems
- You can adjust the temperature for each room separately, because the indoor units are each installed in the room they are cooling, and each has its own thermostat. This is useful if you want to cool only individual rooms, or a part of a building.
- No need to install ducts means cost savings.
- Avoidance of energy losses because each unit is inside the room it is cooling.
- Quicker to install than a traditional, ducted system. The small pipes require a small hole of several inches, whereas the traditional HVAC system with ducts requires access through the inside of walls or ceilings to accommodate the ducts.
- Good air quality – Ductless air conditioning contains multi-stage air filters that can drastically reduce dust, pollen, bacteria, pollen, pet dander and other substances in the air.
What You can Expect During Installation
- Our licensed professionals will inspect the size of your property as proper sizing and installation are critical elements in determining the cooling efficiency. If the unit is too large, it will not adequately remove humidity, and if it is too small, then it will not be able to attain a comfortable temperature on the hottest days.
- We help you choose the right brand from the vast array of major brands we deal in such as FUJITSU DUCTLESS and MITSUBISHI DUCTLESS.
- Tip: When buying an air conditioner, look for a model with high efficiency. Ductless Split Systems are rated according to their seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER). SEER indicates the relative amount of energy needed to provide a specific cooling output. Most ductless systems offer higher efficiency, reaching above 30 SEER.
- The next step is to find a proper location for the unit(s) in your home. The indoor unit is usually mounted onto walls, suspended from ceilings, or fit into the ceiling cavity.
- Once you have narrowed down your choice of model for the Ductless Split System; the next important concern is to do the Pressure Test for any leaks of refrigerant and recharge for optimal functioning.
- Once we have installed your system, we also do maintenance and servicing, as well as repairs.
Maintenance and Servicing
What Maintenance is Needed?
- With our regular maintenance services you no longer need to worry about dirty or plugged filters which can cause overheating during a heating cycle and can result in system damage or even fire.
- Ductless Split Systems have internal air filters made of a lightweight gauzy material that must be replaced or washed as conditions warrant. In buildings with higher dirt loads or with furry pets, these filters need to be changed more often.
- Regular maintenance services help avoid low air flow, which can result in iced-over evaporator coils, which can completely stop air flow.
- In addition to replacing the air filter at the evaporator coil; our maintenance team regularly cleans the condenser coil which is responsible for discharging both the indoor heat (as picked up by the evaporator) and the heat generated by the electric motor driving the compressor.
- As well as preventing system damage, regular maintenance will also improve the heat exchange rate, enhance equipment life, reduce energy wastage, and lower your energy bills.
With Summit Contractors’ trustworthy services, you can be assured you’re getting high quality Ductless Split Systems and equally great post-sales services for maintenance and repairs.
Contact us for a free quote for your new Ductless Split System, or for maintenance of any existing system!
Or read below for more information about Ductless Split Systems.
- Wall Mounted Indoor Unit
- ASU7RLF1, 9RLF1, 12RLF1, 18RLF, 24RLF
- Compact Cassette Indoor Unit
- AUU7RLF, 9RLF, 12RLF, 18RLF
- Outdoor Unit
- AOU18RLXFZ, AOU24RLXFZ, AOU36RLXFZ
- Wall Mounted Designer Series Indoor Unit
- ASU9RLS2, 12RLS2, 15RLS2
- Slim Duct Indoor Unit
- ARU7RLF, 9RLF, 12RLF, 18RLF, 24RLF
- Floor Mounted Indoor Unit
- AGU9RLF, 12RLF, 15RLF
Single Zone 12RL2 Series
Stylish, slim and elegant, these popular wall mounted units are designed for single rooms. Indoor units have a clean, aesthetic design and are small but mighty and shorter in length than competing units, helping them blend into any room. These 16-SEER heat pump systems now feature Inverter technology, environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant, both heating and cooling operation, quiet mode and easy maintenance.
Single Zone RLF Series
Systems 9RLFW1, 12RLFW1 – ENERGY STAR® Qualified
Stylish, slim and elegant, these popular wall mounted units are designed for single rooms. Indoor units have a clean, aesthetic design and are small but mighty and shorter in length than competing units, helping them blend into any room. 9RLFW1 and 12RLFW1 are Energy Star qualified heat pumps, meaning they save you money on your utility bill and provide both heating and cooling.
System 18RLF, 24RLF – ENERGY STAR® Qualified
This category of equipment is ideal for medium spaces where spot cooling or heating is required. Residential applications including sunrooms and additions are made easier with these air conditioners and heat pumps. Do you have a warm spot in your home? Our mini- splits can provide extra heating or cooling capacity for those hard to reach areas. Commercially, their size makes them ideal for small to medium offices, providing individual temperature control.
Ultra compact yet efficient, System 30RLX provides maximum comfort in 30% less space while saving you money. Additionally, this system provides low ambient operation rated down to 0-degrees right out of the box without modification.
Wall Mounted Ductless Mini-Splits
1 – ENERGY STAR® Qualified Stylish, slim and elegant, these popular wall mounted units are designed for single rooms. Indoor units have a clean, aesthetic design and are small but mighty and shorter in length than competing units, helping them blend into any room. 9RLFW1 and 12RLFW1 are Energy Star qualified heat pumps, meaning they save you money on your utility bill and provide both heating and cooling. System 18RLF, 24RLF – ENERGY STAR® Qualified This category of equipment is ideal for medium spaces where spot cooling or heating is required. Residential applications including sunrooms and additions are made easier with these air conditioners and heat pumps. Do you have a warm spot in your home? Our mini-splits can provide extra heating or cooling capacity for those hard to reach areas. Commercially, their size makes them ideal for small to medium offices, providing individual temperature control. System 30RLX Ultra compact yet efficient, System 30RLX provides maximum comfort in 30% less space while saving you money. Additionally, this system provides low ambient operation rated down to 0-degrees right out of the box without modification.
Waste Energy to Hot Water
City Multi is a multiple split system which consists of one condensing unit and multiple indoor units that provide heating or cooling, or both. All units are connected via two refrigerant pipes filled with environmentally friendly R-410A refrigerant and utilize the Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) technology to control the flow of refrigerant. Multiple systems can be linked together via the communication network for advanced control and system management. City Multi’s Heat Pump systems are capable of switching between heating and cooling mode, providing a constant and comfortable indoor environment at all times. City Multi’s Heat Recovery systems are equipped with the world’s only “2-pipe” heat recovery technology that allows for simultaneous heating and cooling, all the while achieving significant energy cost savings. With a wide range of indoor unit styles, including ducted and ductless options, you can easily find the perfect match for the design requirements of individual zones. Everything that City Multi offers, including the user-friendly control systems that utilize Internet technology and the integrated indoor fresh air ventilators, make City Multi the benchmark for HVAC solutions.
Mr. Slim M-Series
The true evolution in whole-home, year-round comfort There’s a lot of smart thinking that goes into making Mr. Slim your best choice for year-round home comfort – we call this Advanced Technology. It includes features like Variable Compressor Speed Inverter (VCSI) technology, which helps Mr. Slim use only the energy needed to keep your room temperature and humidity right where you want them. It includes the whisper-quiet fans and compressors that work so silently you won’t even notice they’re on. It includes high-speed heating and cooling which get your rooms to the temperature you want when you’ve just come in from extreme outdoor conditions. And it includes all the advanced engineering to keep your home comfortable while saving you from rising energy costs. Now that’s smart thinking.
We put our best minds and technologies to the test when we created Zuba-Central. And they didn’t disappoint. From energy-saving features like VCSI technology to powerhouse performance features like our Hyper-Heat Inverter (H2i) technology, Zuba-Central is packed with so many advancements that we have no reservations in calling it the true evolution in whole-home, year-round comfort.
Summit Contractors offers ductless split systems installation and repair for clients across Richmond Hill, Toronto, Scarborough, North York, Markham, Vaughan, Woodbridge, Maple, Concord, King City, Stouffville, Newmarket, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Keswick, Pickering, and surrounding areas.